Tuesday, February 11, 2014

I Love You Bunches


Here’s my second take on the current sketch at Seize the Sketch. It’s also doubling as a sample for this week’s love themed TCP Tuesday challenge, hosted by Wendy.

I Love You Bunches-designed by Lori Tecler-Inking Aloud-stamps from The Cat's Pajamas
The vine-swinging monkey duo from the Go Bananas! set was stamped on a white panel and colored with Copic markers. I used a cloud template and distress ink to add in the cloudy background behind them. The set’s “love you bunches” sentiment was stamped at the bottom of the panel in black ink.

I covered most of the kraft card base with a green paper with a floral pattern. To bring in the golden yellow I used on the monkeys’ faces, I adhered a strip of similar colored cardstock to the left side of the cardfront, then added the image panel on top. Each of the panels was matted on kraft cardstock to tie them together. I tucked a kraft half circle underneath the top of the image panel. I thought about adding a twine tied button or something else on top, but in the end, decided to leave it as is.

I hope you'll join us at Seize the Sketch.  You have until February 16 at 9 am (eastern) to play along.  And, be sure to check out the TCP blog for all the info on this week's challenge and how you can enter to win this week's Cat Cash prize.  

Materials Used:
Go Bananas! stamp set (The Cat’s Pajamas); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); Tumbled Glass distress ink (Ranger); markers (Copic); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); So Saffron cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Desert Storm cardstock (Neenah); Apple Cheddar Soup 6x6 paper pad (Jillibean Soup)

1 comment:

  1. This is utterly adorable! I love the super subtle cloud background, and the shading on those leaves....WOW :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips