Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Watt's Up?

Here's my card for this week's sketch at CAS(e) this Sketch.  I kept it simple with the Lights Out stamp set from Mama Elephant and a little emboss resist.

Watt's Up?-designed by Lori Tecler-Inking Aloud-stamps from Mama Elephant
I stamped the light bulb and filament images in white pigment ink and the bulb base in gray pigment ink, then heat embossed them with clear embossing powder.  After embossing, I used a sponge dauber and some yellow ink to give the bulb a bright yellow glow. 

I stamped the set's "watt's up?" sentiment next to the bulb image in black pigment ink.  A trio of white sequins around the bulb adds a little sparkle to the design.  I set the finished panel on a yellow card base to match the bulb's glow.

Materials Used:
Lights Out stamp set (Mama Elephant); Memento Luxe Gray Flannel, Wedding Dress, and Tuxedo Black inks (Tsukineko); Lemon Drop cardstock (My Favorite Things); white cardstock, white embossing powder (Michaels); black pen (Copic); Winter Mix sequins (Avery Elle)

3 comments:

  1. This is great Lori. I love how you did your light bulb...the white embossing with the yellow inking is a fantastic look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is a fabulous take on the sketch! I love how you added the sequins -- they are the perfect finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous take on the sketch, Lori! Love the glow you created around the light bulb and the touches of sequins are just perfect finishing touches!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips