Sunday, March 2, 2014

Crazy About You

Here’s my card for this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge. I combined the sketch MFT’s SCS Love Fest challenge to use the idea of "heartfelt greetings" as the inspiration for a card.

The “crazy about you” sentiment from the Bold Statements set was stamped in red ink on a white pierced circle die cut. I love the look of the bold text against the white background!

I adhered the circle to a piece of red cardstock debossed with a repeated XOXO pattern, then trimmed the edge of the circle so it was flush with the edge of the red panel. A black fishtail flag strip was layered over the panels, positioned just underneath the text on the round panel. So that the card will be fairly flat and easy to mail, instead of adding a button or felt embellishment to the fishtail flag strip, I die cut a heart from red cardstock and used foam tape to attach it to the strip. I accented it with a trio of sparkly silver sequins.

Materials Used:
Bold Statements stamp set, Electric Red cardstock, Die-namics Fishtail Flag Stax and Pierced Circle Stax dies (My Favorite Things); Basic Black cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); white cardstock, silver sequins (Michaels); Hugs and Kisses embossing folder (Cuttlebug); stitched heart die (Lil’ Inker Designs); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips