Friday, March 7, 2014

Flower Power

This week’s blogger challenge theme is fabulous florals. I used this week’s Mojo Monday sketch and stamps from Uniko Studio to put this one together.  The color scheme was inspired by this month's Uniko Studio color/theme challenge.  I also managed to incorporate a few distressed elements into my design for the challenge as well.

On Your Special Day-designed by Lori Tecler-Inking Aloud-stamps from Uniko Studio
I started off by adhering a strip of striped paper from Carta Bella’s It’s a Celebration paper pad along the left edge of a red cardstock panel. The left edge of the striped paper was inked with some distress ink to give it an aged look. For the large square panel layered on top, I used paper from the Simple Stories Homespun paper pad. It’s not often that I mix and match papers from different manufacturers, but it worked out nicely here! Again, I inked the edges with distress ink, then followed that with a little distressing with my fingernail. Usually I’d use a distressing tool, but I’ve done so much snow shoveling lately that my nails are already a mess, so I was willing to further sacrifice them for the cause!

The flower image is from Uniko Studio’s Flower Power #3 set. I stamped the solid image in red pigment ink, then added the outline image over it in black. I fussy cut the stamped flower, then used dimensional dots to adhere it over a pair of small squares arranged on the patterned paper panel. I stamped the set’s “on your special day” sentiment on the larger square in red ink. A few gold sequins around the panel give the design a little bit of sparkle.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Uniko Studio Flower Power #3 stamp set; Tsukineko Memento Luxe Rhubarb Stalk and Tuxedo Black inks, Crafter’s Companion ultrasmooth white cardstock, Simple Stories Homespun 6x6 paper pad, Carta Bella It’s a Celebration 6x6 paper pad, Sticky Thumb dimensional dots 

other: Riding Hood Red and Close to Cocoa cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Soft Honeydew cardstock (WPlus9); Simply Chartreuse cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Antique Linen and Tea Dye distress inks (Ranger); gold sequins (Michaels)

3 comments:

  1. Lorie...happy to see an old friend on Bloggers challenge..love the combination of pattern papers..and the sketch too..
    connie paxman

    ReplyDelete
  2. FABulous card. Love the colours you've chosen & the flower works beautifully with the patterned papers you've used. Thank you SO much for joining in on the Uniko Studio Challenge :) Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i love the pattern paper and the distressing on the paper. Thanks for playing along with us at Uniko Studio.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips