Thursday, March 27, 2014

Oh, My Stars

Here’s my card for this week’s sketch from Retro Sketches. This one came together quickly using stamps and dies from Lil’ Inker Designs.

Oh, My Stars-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Lil' Inker Designs
I went with a star theme on my card, using Lil’ Inker’s stitched star dies and the coordinating Shiny Happy Sentiments stamp set. I die cut the largest star from a piece of chevron patterned paper, being careful to keep the extra pieces so I could reassemble the star on my card. To fill in the negative space, I backed the cut panel with a piece of silver glitter paper, then matted the panel with teal cardstock. The teal contrasts nicely with the mint card base.

Once the panel was in place, I stamped the “oh, my stars” sentiment beneath it in black ink. I finished the design with a trio of silver sequins around the star die cut.

Materials Used:
Shiny Happy Sentiments stamp set and stitched star dies (Lil’ Inker Designs); Memento Luxe Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); Spearmint cardstock (My Favorite Things); Tropical Teal cardstock (Papertrey Ink); silver glitter cardstock, silver sequins (Michaels); So Sophie “Family Ties” Giving Floral designer paper (My Mind’s Eye)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips