Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Sneaky Peek--The Puck Stops Here

***Scroll down to the post below to see my project for this week's Color Throwdown.***
Sneaky peek week kicked off yesterday at The Cat’s Pajamas. It continues today with a look at the new The Puck Stops Here set. It’s no secret that I’m a huge hockey fan—I’ve been lucky enough to be in attendance at a game where a team won the Stanley Cup and I’ve attended two college hockey Frozen Fours (the equivalent of the basketball Final Four) and I’m hoping make it a third at this year’s in nearby Philadelphia if my alma mater, the University of Wisconsin, makes it to the final—so given my love for hockey, this may just be my favorite big eared bunny set yet!

No Pain, No Hockey-designed by Lori Tecler-Inking Aloud-stamps from The Cat's Pajamas
I paired the bunny with the current Deconstructed Sketch for this fun card. I colored the bunny with Copic markers, going with the traditional red of my favorite teams (the  Washington Capitals and the  Wisconsin Badgers), and carefully cut him out. He’s adhered to a white circle stamped with the set’s “No pain. No hockey.” sentiment. I curved the sentiment on my block so that it would align with the edge of the circle when stamped.

 The image is adhered to multicolored chevron patterned paper panel over a trio of coordinating cardstock strips. I used the little flag from the new CutUps Framed Up 2 die set to make the fishtail flag accents tucked underneath the right edge of the patterned paper panel. A few kraft colored enamel dots scattered around finish off the design.

For more peeks of the new The Puck Stops Here, check out my fellow Cat Pack members here:

Kelli
Wendy
Lisa
Noelle
Nancy
Jessie

And, be sure to stop by and leave a comment on the In it to Win It thread in the TCP member company forum on SCS. You can chat with Cat Pack members and other TCP fans about the upcoming release and your favorite TCP characters. One lucky commenter will be selected each day to win one of the new releases before you can buy it.

We’d also like to invite you to join us for our release night Pajama Party on Monday, March 24 at 8 PM EST in the TCP member company forum. We’ll have games, giveaways, and even more sneaky peeks of the new sets. Hope to see you there!  I'll have another sneaky peek to share tomorrow, so be sure to stop by again.

Materials Used:
The Puck Stops Here stamp set, CutUps Framed Up 2 die (The Cat’s Pajamas); Memento Tuxedo Black and Versafine Onyx Black inks (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Real Red and Baja Breeze cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Desert Storm cardstock (Neenah); Little Sport 6x6 paper pad (Fancy Pants); enamel dots (Prima); foam tape

3 comments:

  1. So super cute Lori! I'm lovin this new hockey BunBun and all the wonderfully fun ways to use him!!! Your card is stinkin adorable today and thanks for another great sneak peep for this awesome new release! Looking forward to tomorrow!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you bent the type and stamped in the circle. It's really such a great idea and the white circle is a wonderful way to suggest ice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that you used this sketch. looks great with this hockey bun. cuteness!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips