Saturday, March 15, 2014

Thank You for Being My Friend

Here’s my card for this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge. I kept things pretty simple on this one, using a fun patterned paper along with a large, bold sentiment and a die cut embellishment.

Thank You for Being My Friend-designed by Lori Tecler-Inking Aloud-stamps from My Favorite Things
The patterned paper comes (again!) from my stash of 12x12 papers that I need to make a big dent in. I layered the patterned paper on a coordinating pink cardstock mat, then machine stitched around the edges before adhering the panel to a mint card base. I stamped the “thank you for being my friend” sentiment from the Sending Thanks set in mint pigment ink on a white cardstock strip. After matting the stamped strip on a pink panel, I set it diagonally over the card base, trimming the edges to be even with the sides of the card.

I die cut a flower from coordinating solid cardstock scraps and adhered that to the left side of the sentiment strip as an accent. I couldn’t resist adding a few pink sequins around the panel for a little sparkle, too!

Materials Used:
Sending Thanks stamp set, Spearmint cardstock (My Favorite Things); Mint to Be ink (Avery Elle); Sweet Blush cardstock (Papertrey Ink); So Sophie “Pure Bliss” True Stripe designer paper (My Mind’s Eye); CutUps Flower Buttons die, cream linen thread (The Cat's Pajamas); Pink Blush sequins (Pretty Pink Posh); sewing machine; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips