Sunday, March 9, 2014

Thinking of You

Here's my card for March's first Viva la Verve sketch.  I incorporated the optional color challenge--green, aqua, and brown--into my design, too.

Thinking of You-designed by Lori Tecler-Inking Aloud-stamps from Verve StampsI used the layout and colors to make a thinking of you card.  I dug into my stash of older 12x12 patterned papers again to find one that would work for the challenge and came up with one with a green and blue pattern on a cream background.  I matted it with a piece of coordinating green cardstock, then adhered it to a cream card base.

The trio of fishtail flag strips adhered to the top right corner of the patterned paper panel were rescued from my scrap piles.  They're topped with a decorative panel die cut with Verve's Classy Label die.  I die cut a smaller pierced oval from cream cardstock to stamp the sentiment on so that it would stand out from the kraft a bit.  I used the "thinking of you" sentiment from the Accent Notes set.  I really like the look of the green ink against the cream panel! After adhering the sentiment panel to the card with foam tape, I added a trio of sparkly lime green sequins around the panel as a fun accent.

Materials Used:
Accent Notes stamp set, Classy Label die (Verve Stamps); Memento Luxe Pear Tart ink (Tsukineko); Simply Chartreuse and Hawaiian Shores cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Desert Storm cardstock (Neenah); Chocolate Chip cardstock (Stampin' Up!); cream cardstock (Michaels); Abbey Road-Lucky Me "Hello World" Lucky Lime designer paper (My Mind's Eye); Die-namics Pierced Oval Stax die (My Favorite Things); lime sequins (Treehouse Studio); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. Simply beautiful, Lori! Love how that cream oval pops against the kraft!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips