Saturday, March 29, 2014

UR the Best

Here’s my card for this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge. I’ve had the To the Point set for a while and had yet to ink it up, so I pulled it out for a masculine take on this week’s sketch.

UR the Best-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
I stamped the “UR the best” sentiment in brown ink on a cream pierced oval die cut, then layered the oval on a dark brown mat. It’s set on a matching dark brown cardfront that I covered with a panel of rust colored paper on top and a starburst patterned paper on the bottom. A piece of dark brown twill hides the seam between the two papers.

As an accent for the sentiment panel, I die cut the pointing finger image from cream cardstock and stamped the matching image on the die cut in brown ink. It’s adhered to the cardfront using foam tape.

Materials Used:
To the Point stamp set, Chocolate cardstock, Die-namics Pierced Oval Stax and To the Point dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Luxe Rich Cocoa ink (Tsukineko); Pumpkin Spice cardstock (Gina K Designs); cream cardstock (Michaels); Indie Chic-Citron 6x6 paper pad (My Mind’s Eye); oval die (Spellbinders); brown twill; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips