Saturday, April 5, 2014

Wish Big

Here’s my card for this week’s sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch. I created a clean and simple birthday card based on the layout.

Wish Big-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Clear and Simple Stamps
I started off by stamping three of the star images from the Clear and Simple Stamps Shapes: Stars set in silver ink on a black cardstock panel. So that the stars would really sparkle and pop off of the black background, I heat embossed them with silver embossing powder.

For the sentiment, I stamped “wish big” from the Rag Doll Emma: Banner set in black ink on a silver Favor Flag die cut. To get a faux folded banner, I trimmed off the edges of the Favor Flag strip and adhered the tiny trimmed pieces to the rest of the banner using foam tape. It’s adhered over the stars with more foam tape. A trio of silver sequins in different sizes fills in the empty spaces between the stars a bit and ads even more sparkle to the festive design. I layered the finished panel on a silver mat, then on a black card base.

Materials Used:
Shapes: Stars and Rag Doll Emma: Banner stamp sets, Perfect Little Black Dress and Sterling Silver cardstock, Favor Flags die (Clear and Simple Stamps); Encore Silver ink (Tsukineko); silver embossing powder (American Crafts); silver sequins (Michaels); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. What a gorgeous card! I love the pretty gold against that dark cardstock!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips