Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Have a Blast

Here's my card for the current Waltzingmouse Fanatics challenge to incorporate texture into your design.  I recently added this fun star stencil and some metallic silver embossing paste to my collection, so I knew exactly what I wanted to do for the challenge!

Have a Blast card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Waltzingmouse Stamps
I made an outer space scene using the stencil, embossing paste, and the Waltzingmouse Stamps Half Pint Heroes stamp set.  I made the stenciled background first, applying the embossing paste and letting it dry while I worked on the rest of the card. 

The moon is made from a stitched circle die cut that I adhered to the right side of the sky panel, trimming the edges of the circle so they were flush with the panel's edges.  I colored the rocket ship image with Copic markers and cut it out, then adhered it to the panel using foam tape.  The rocket ship's window is covered with a clear dome sticker for a glass-like look.  I stamped the "have a blast on your big day" sentiment near the bottom of the panel in black ink to finish the scene.

Materials Used:
Half Pint Heroes stamp set (Waltzingmouse Stamps); Memento Tuxedo Black ink and Versafine Onyx Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Brocade Blue, Crushed Curry, and Night of Navy cardstock (Stampin' Up!); stitched circle die (Lil' Inker Designs); Stardust stencil (Memory Box); metallic silver embossing paste (Dreamweaver); clear dome sticker (Making Memories); foam tape

5 comments:

  1. Now here's a fun card! The stars are a nice addition. I just got this stamp set finally - now need to find a little boy in need of a card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you must be the queen of this set - I love your card. the little silver stars are the perfect background to the little guy in his rocket! Thanks so much for playing along with Waltzingmouse Fanatics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great starry background, perfect with the little "rocket man"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The starry stencil adds great shimmer and texture Lori - fab card!
    Thanks so much for joining the Fanatics this week.
    Tara
    x

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips