Thursday, May 22, 2014

Thanks a Latte

Here's my card for the current coffee themed challenge at The Card Concept.  My card design fits with the challenge's clean and layered style.

Thanks a Latte card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Clear and Simple Stamps
My focal image is a pair of to go cups, die cut with the Coffee Cup die from Clear and Simple Stamps and stamped with matching images from the Morning Brew: Coffee set. To go with the cups, I found a piece of bright and cheery paper from a Lily Bee Designs paper pad. I matted the panel with coordinating yellow cardstock, then adhered it to a blue card base.

Instead of using patterned paper as another layer on top of that, I used a tiny brown paper bag that’s the perfect size for a gift card (Starbucks, maybe?). After the bag was in place, I added a piece of a white doily over it along with a pair of layered cardstock strips. The “thanks a latte” sentiment was stamped on the top strip. I adhered the cups to the end of the cardstock strips, using foam tape to give the cup on top some dimension. A blue button tied with a bit of twine and adhered to one of the cups completed the design.

Materials Used:
Morning Brew:  Coffee stamp set, Perfect Little Black Dress and Brown Leather Satchel inks, Trendsetter Blue, Rouge Ruffles, Say Yellow to all Your Fans, and A Blanc Check cardstock, Copic markers (W00, W-1), Coffee Cup and Favor Flags dies (Clear and Simple Stamps); Handmade 6x6 paper pad (Lily Bee Design); mini paper bag (Canvas Corp.); white paper doily; twine; foam tape

7 comments:

  1. Fabulous and so pretty! Love the use of the doily and the baggie...awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet! Love the soft colors and little bag...perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori I love the brown paper bag and the lace doily, perfect accents for the coffee cups! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card but I'm a sucker for anything coffee! I also love the creative way you could use this card as a gift card holder too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely use the Bag behind the doily dear Lori and love the add of the red and sweet sentiment too....I love your coffe cup it is adorable and love your color combo...the concept of your card totally gorgeous...Love this dear Lori...

    by the way...my card is number 31 if you want to search it on The Card Concept...Love it if you could leave me some love dear Lori...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lori what an original approach to the Challenge. I love the contrast of the bag and the doily. So fabulous for a Gift card. I love the background DP too. Thank you for joining us at The Card Concept.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lori, I love all your layering! Those to go cups are wonderful and I have put them on my wish list!
    Thanks for joining us at the card concept!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips