Friday, June 27, 2014

Celebrate Your Day


I’m catching up with last week's Viva la Verve sketch just as a new one is posted today! I used last week’s sketch to make a pretty birthday card incorporating the colors and gold accents from the inspiration photo, too.

Celebrate Your Day birthday card-designed by Lori Tecler-stamps from Verve Stamps
It’s been a while since I used Verve’s Poppy Birthday set, so I inked it up here for the trio of round elements on the cardfront. I used the three different sized poppies, stamping them in pigment ink and cutting them with the dies from the matching Build-a-Poppy dies.

I covered the bottom of a black card base with a piece of green dotted patterned paper, then layered a piece of black patterned paper with a curved edge at the top. The edge of the black patterned paper is matted in gold to set it off nicely from the green panel. I arranged the flowers along the curved edge, using foam tape to adhere the two smaller flowers for dimension. The “celebrate your day” sentiment was stamped on a banner strip and heat embossed in gold embossing powder for a nice, bold pop against the black background. I wanted to add a few gold sequins, but I resisted! Instead, I tucked a pair of leaves in among the flower trio.

Materials Used:
Poppy Birthday stamp set and Build-a-Poppy dies (Verve Stamps); Memento Luxe Rose Bud and Tuxedo Black inks and Delicata Golden Glitz ink (Tsukineko); Basic Black cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Simply Chartreuse cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Lola and Luca mat stack (The Paper Studio); gold paper (Target); Die-namics Fishtail Flag Stax die (My Favorite Things); Zing Gold embossing powder (American Crafts); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips