Friday, July 25, 2014

Dreaming of a Sparkly Christmas (in July)

This week's blogger challenge theme is Christmas in July.  I put together this super sparkly holiday design for the challenge using stamps and dies from Clear and Simple Stamps.

Dreaming of a Sparkly Christmas card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Clear and Simple StampsI love using non-traditional colors for my holiday cards, so I went with a mostly blue color scheme here.  I stamped the "dreaming of a sparkly Christmas" sentiment from the Flurry Days Sentiments set in teal ink on a white Tags 1 die cut.  After tying a piece of teal satin ribbon through the hole in the tag, I adhered it to a My Style Blueprint card base. 

The tag's framed with a pair of snowflakes cut from aqua glitter cardstock.  The center of each flake was dotted with a big clear crystal.  For a final sparkly element, I tucked a clear crystal flourish underneath the bigger snowflake.

Materials Used:
Flurry Days Sentiments stamp set, My Style Blueprint and a Blanc Check cardstock, Party Teal Dawn ink, Flurries and Tags 1 dies, Party Teal Dawn satin ribbon (Clear and Simple Stamps); aqua glitter cardstock, clear crystal flourish, clear crystals (Michaels); foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips