Thursday, July 31, 2014

You're My Hero

Here's my card for this week's sketch from Retro Sketches.  I used the sketch to make a super hero inspired simple, graphic design.

You're My Hero card--designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud--stamps and dies from Clear and Simple Stamps
The ray background was created with a stencil and shiny silver embossing paste applied to a black cardstock panel.  While the embossing paste dried, I die cut a pair of bursts from red cardstock using the Bursts dies from Clear and Simple Stamps.  I stamped the "you're my hero" sentiment from the coordinating Comic Bursts stamp set in black ink on the smaller burst, then used foam tape to layer the bursts and adhere them to the black panel.  I matted the finished panel on silver cardstock, then adhered it to a red card base.

Materials Used:
Comic Bursts stamp set, Perfect Little Black Dress ink, Rouge Ruffles and Perfect Little Black Dress cardstock, Bursts dies (Clear and Simple Stamps); metallic silver embossing paste (Dreamweaver); Sun Ray stencil (My Favorite Things); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. This is AWESOME! Love the background...so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the silver and the layered sentiment "bubbles."

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips