Friday, August 1, 2014

We Dropped Anchor

Here's my card for this week's Mojo Monday sketch.  I used the long, narrow sketch to make this nautical themed design with stamps from Clear and Simple Stamps.

We Dropped Anchor card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Clear and Simple Stamps
I arranged a pair of Favor Flag strips on long, narrow navy panel, then topped the strips with a blue dotted circle.  After layering a red cardstock strip across the circle, I tucked a small kraft panel underneath the bottom edge of the cardstock strip.  The "we dropped anchor" sentiment from the Seaside Sentiments 2 stamp set was stamped on the kraft panel in navy ink.  To set the sentiment panel off from the background, I edged it along the bottom with a narrow red strip die cut with the RicRac Border die.  Once the pieces were in place, I topped the card with a wood veneer anchor to go with the nautical color scheme and sentiment.  The finished panel was adhered to a coordinating kraft card base.

Materials Used:
Seaside Sentiments 2 stamp set, True Blue Fan ink, True Blue Fan, Rouge Ruffles, My Favorite Blue Jeans, and Kraft Like a Rockstar cardstock, Shapes:  Circles, Favor Flags, and RicRac Border dies  (Clear and Simple Stamps); Collecting Moments 6x6 paper pad (Fancy Pants); anchor wood veneer (Studio Calico)

2 comments:

  1. What a cute card! I love that it could be used as a wedding themed card or a housewarming card!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips