Saturday, August 23, 2014

Welcome Baby

Here's a super sweet and super simple baby themed design for the current sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  You're going to be seeing a lot of simple designs in the upcoming weeks as I get back into the classroom teaching routine and figure out how to best manage and organize my time.

Welcome Baby card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Clear and Simple Stamps
I built the card on a lime green card base.  I adhered a strip of multicolor striped patterned paper along the bottom of the panel, using a narrow strip of gray cardstock along the top of the patterned paper to set it off from the cardfront just a bit. 

For the two elements at the left side of the card, I die cut a pair of buttons from blue and yellow cardstock scraps using the button dies from the Clear and Simple Stamps Build-a-Flower dies.  The buttons were threaded with cream twine, then adhered to the cardfront.  I stamped the "welcome baby" sentiment from the Baby Sentiments set to the right of the  buttons in gray ink.

Materials Used:
Baby Sentiments stamp set, You're Such a Gray-cious Host ink, In the Limelight, My Style Blueprint, Golden Tiara, and I Steel Got It cardstock, Build-a-Flower dies (Clear and Simple Stamps); Hello Baby 6x6 paper pad (Simple Stories); white twine (Hemptique); foam tape

4 comments:

  1. Sweet sweet card! Have fun in your new classroom! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple and sweet! I love the stripey paper and the buttons are the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful CAS card! I love the buttons and the pretty stripes. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips