Thursday, September 18, 2014

Be Well


Here's my card for this week's Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge.  This week's challenge is a Picture Perfect challenge and I was inspired by the paisley pattern on one of the vases in the photo.

Be Well card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Paper Smooches
I stamped three different paisley images from the Daisies and Paisleys set on three cardstock panels, using a coordinating pigment ink color on each panel.  The panels were arranged on a white card base. I stamped the set's "be well" sentiment in orange ink on a white circle, then adhered it over the panels after matting it with contrasting black cardstock.  To add some texture, I tucked a piece of folded orange faux suede ribbon underneath the sentiment  panel to make a decorative tab.  A few sparkly yellow sequins scattered over the cardfront completed the design.


Materials Used:
from i {heart} papersPaper Smooches Daisies and Paisleys stamp set; Avery Elle Aquamarine, Fizz, and Mimosa inks; May Arts orange faux suede ribbon; yellow sequins

other:  Hawaiian Shores, Orange Zest, and Lemon Tart cardstock (Papertrey Ink); circle punches (EK Success)

4 comments:

  1. Such a fun card! Love the stamped paisleys and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice card Lori! I love how you created your own background paper with the paisley stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! I really like the bold, bright colors and paisley!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops! I forgot to say...

    ... thanks for joining us this week at Paper Smooches Sparks!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips