Monday, September 1, 2014

You Mean the World to Me

Here's my card for the final Viva la Verve sketch for August.  I put together a love themed design based on the sketch.

You Mean the World to Me card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Verve Stamps
I covered a light gray cardfront with a piece of chevron patterned paper, then adhered a piece of a gray grid patterned circle to the left edge of the panel.  I die cut two blue fishtail flag strips to layer over the half circle.  The "you mean the world to me" sentiment from Verve's Take Note set was stamped on the bottom fishtail flag strip in gold ink, then heat embossed in gold for a nice pop. 

To go with the love theme, I die cut a heart from gold paper.  It's adhered to the top fishtail flag strip using foam tape.  A trio of gold sequins completed the design and added a final bit of sparkle.

Materials Used:
Take Note stamp set (Verve Stamps); Delicata Golden Glitz ink (Tsukineko); Hawaiian Shores cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Grout Gray cardstock, Die-namics Fishtail Flag Stax and Fishtail Flag Layers Stax dies (My Favorite Things); Record It--Here Is Happy 6x6 paper pad (My Mind's Eye); stitched heart die (Lil' Inker Designs); circle die (Spellbinders); gold embossing powder (American Crafts); gold sequins (Michaels); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips