Saturday, October 18, 2014

You Rule

Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge.  I originally planned to use the Class Act set and matching dies for this card, but when my MFT order arrived, the set was missing.  I'm sure MFT will fix this ASAP, but in the meantime, since I already had the "bones" of the card done and was just waiting to add the images and sentiment, I did a little creative thinking to come up with this.

You Rule card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
I started off with a piece of number patterned paper from an Echo Park paper pad.  I added a panel of matching dark blue cardstock to the bottom of the patterned paper panel, using a strip of red grosgrain ribbon to hide the seam between the two papers.  The dots along the bottom of the blue panel are courtesy of the dotted line die from the Blueprints 18 set.  There's a strip of red cardstock behind the dots to bring in a bit of contrast against the blue.

I found a wood veneer apple in my stash and colored it with inks using ink daubers, then adhered it to a white circle.  The circle was matted on a stitched circle, also die cut with a die from the Blueprints 18 set.  I stamped the "you rule" sentiment from the a la modes You Rule set on the blue cardstock in white ink, then heat embossed it with white embossing powder for a nice pop against the dark blue.

Materials Used:
a la modes You Rule stamp set, Die-namics Class Act and Blueprints 18 dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Lady Bug, Rich Cocoa, and Bamboo Leaves inks, Memento Luxe Wedding Dress ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Brilliant Blue and Real Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Paper and Glue 6x6 paper pad (Echo Park); red grosgrain ribbon, white embossing powder (Michaels); wood veneer apple (Prima)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips