Saturday, November 8, 2014

Awesome Takes Practice

Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge.  Some older patterned paper and a fun die cut helped me put this one together pretty quickly.

Awesome Takes Practice card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
I started with the patterned paper, a scrap of an argyle pattern from an old My Mind's Eye pad.  The panel was adhered to a gray cardstock panel, then topped with an angled light blue cardstock panel.  The sentiment from the Geek Is Chic set was stamped directly on the blue panel in gray pigment ink.  I adhered a contrasting red cardstock strip beneath the sentiment, then added the die cut glasses on top, using foam tape for dimension.  The finished panel was adhered to a white card base.

Materials Used:
Geek Is Chic stamp set, Steel Grey cardstock, Die-namics Geek Is Cheek Glasses dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Luxe Gray Flannel ink (Tsukineko); Real Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Sea Glass cardstock (Avery Elle); silver paper (Target); Lime Twist-Out of the Blue 6x6 paper pad (My Mind's Eye); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. Love the pattern paper choice and colors to go with the cool shades and sentiment! Great card!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips