Friday, January 2, 2015

You Tickle My Fancy

Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club challenge, the last sketch before the challenge moves to MFT's new challenge blog.  I went with a love themed design that came together quickly with MFT's Accent It Feathers and Arrows dies.

I covered most of a light blue card base with a patterned paper panel with a triangular section cut from the upper left corner.   The panel is broken up with a strip of light blue cardstock across the bottom of the cardfront.   Instead of using a round element, I die cut a pair of feathers from scraps of blue and green cardstock.  They're adhered over the cardstock strip, using foam tape on the top feather for dimension.  I stamped the "you tickle my fancy" sentiment from the Right on Target set on the cardstock strip in darker blue ink.  The feathers were accented with a trio of lime sequins.  They are much closer in color to the feather IRL than they appear in the photo!

Materials Used:
Right on Target stamp set, Die-namics Accent It Feathers and Arrows dies (My Favorite Things); Aquamarine ink (Avery Elle); Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, and Simply Chartreuse cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Splendid Sunshine 6x6 paper pad (Echo Park); lime sequins (Treehouse Studio); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips