Saturday, April 11, 2015

My Heart Is with You

Here's my card for this week's sketch at CAS(e) this Sketch.  I've had this fabulous America the Beautiful die from SugarPea Designs for a while now and this sketch was the perfect way to showcase it.

My Heart Is with You card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from SugarPea Designs
I used the inlaid die cutting technique here.  It was a little fussy and time consuming to do with all of those teeny, tiny states (including my home state!), but I'm happy with how it turned out.  I picked a soft blue for the background panel, then set the navy blue outline of the US inside the opening and filled in the states using light green.  After the states were all in place, I added the sentiment from the Going Places set on top on a vellum strip. To hide the adhesive I used to keep the vellum in place, I attached a die cut red heart next to the words right over the adhesive.  I accented the heart with a single sparkly red sequin. 

Materials Used:
Going Places stamp set, America the Beautiful die (SugarPea Designs); Memento Luxe Nautical Blue ink (IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko); Sea Glass cardstock (Avery Elle); Night of Navy and Real Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Spring Moss cardstock (Papertrey Ink); white vellum (The Paper Company); stitched heart die (Lil' Inker Designs); red sequin (Michaels)

3 comments:

  1. Super cute. This would be awesome to send to someone that is away from home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet card Lori. Love the USA die with all the states! The vellum strip looks perfect with the greeting. I used a similar die myself! :) Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love this, Lori! Fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips