Thursday, April 23, 2015

Orange You Glad

Here's my card for this month's Reverse Confetti Sketch for You to Try.  I went bright and cheery with this citrus inspired birthday design.

Orange You Glad card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Reverse Confetti
I stamped the set's two different orange images in orange pigment ink, then used the matching dies to cut them out.  I arranged them on a lemon  yellow panel, then added die cut leaves to each one. The panel was edged with an orange scalloped border made with a die from the Love Note set.

I adhered the image panel to an orange card base with a yellow dotted patterned paper panel along the right side.  The birthday sentiment was stamped in green ink on a lime green strip.  I set the strip across the cardfront, just beneath the oranges.  I thought about adding some enamel dots or sequins, but I couldn't get an arrangement I liked, so I ended up leaving them off. 

Materials Used:
Fresh 'n Fruity stamp set, Confetti Cuts Love Note and Fresh 'n Fruity dies (Reverse Confetti); Fizz and Lemon Grass inks (Avery Elle); Limeade Ice, Orange Fizz, and Lemon Tart cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Sunny Skies designer paper (Lawn Fawn); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. Love this bright and happy card and the punny little sentiment is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, this is sooo much fun! Bright & Happy! Thanks for joining us at SFYTT!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips