Friday, May 29, 2015

First Prize

Here's my card for this week's Mojo Monday sketch.  I used the tall, skinny layout for a masculine design featuring Lawn Fawn's Best Pun Ever set.  We have Field Day at my school today, complete with an afternoon full of water relays (wish me luck!), so a design featuring a trophy seems appropriate for the day's events.  If I survive the day, I will consider it a win!

First Prize card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Lawn Fawn
I stamped the set's trophy image on shimmery white cardstock, then used Copic markers to color the stamped image.  After cutting it out with the matching die, I adhered it to a round panel using foam tape.  I paired the image with some number patterned paper.  To coordinate with the patterned paper, I used red and gray cardstock for the layout's fishtail flag strips.  The horizontal panel was made from shiny gold paper to match the trophy.  I layered the finished image on a red card base.  I wanted to stamp a sentiment on the cardfront, but I couldn't find a place to fit it--and the number paper's definitely too busy to stamp on.  I guess it'll just have to go on the inside of the card . . .

Materials Used:
Best Pun Ever stamp set, Best Pun Ever dies (Lawn Fawn); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Poppy Parade and Shimmery White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Smokey Shadow cardstock, double-ended banner die (Papertrey Ink); Kraft cardstock (WPlus9); gold paper (Target); Boy Oh Boy 6x6 paper pad (Carta Bella); Stitched Banner Stax dies (My Favorite Things); circle dies (Spellbinders); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. What a fun card and I just love the colors and patterned papers!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips