Saturday, May 16, 2015

You Rock

Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I'm not too thrilled with how this one turned out--it's another one that looked better in my mind than on paper . . .

You Rock card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from My Favorite Things
I used a large circle die and a little creative die cutting to make a rounded edge on the bottom of a black cardstock panel.  I used a little more creative die cutting and a pierced half circle die from the Blueprints 21 die set to make a somewhat circular shape near the top of the panel.  I thought that overlapping the last tiny circle on the die would make a pretty exact round shape, but it's a little more oblong than a circle should be. 

I stamped the "you rock" sentiment from the Rock On set in sparkly gold ink (Delicata Golden Glitz--my favorite!) at the bottom of a white panel, then adhered it to the black panel, trimming the bottom edge to match the panel's curved edge.  After layering the panel on a piece of gold cardstock, I adhered a die cut pierced star and a pair of gold enamel dots.  The finished panel was adhered to a white card base.

Materials Used:
Document It-Rock On stamp set, Die-namics Pierced Star Stax and Blueprints 21 dies (My Favorite Things); Delicata Golden Glitz ink (IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko); Basic Black cardstock (Stampin' Up!); gold paper (Target)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lori! Totally know that feeling of something in your head vs. the end result. But I think this turned out fun--the GOLD for the win! Thanks for joining us on the MFT Challenge! :) And I hope your birthday today was most fabulous and relaxing! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips