Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Precious Baby

Here's my card for this month's theme challenge at SugarPea Designs.  This month's theme is "feeling sentimental," so I made a sentiment the focus of my card.  The layout is based on this week's sketch at RetroSketches.

Precious Baby card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from SugarPea Designs
I'm still working my way through a bunch of old 6x6 paper pads, so when I found this sweet whale patterned paper, I knew it would be perfect for a baby themed design. I matted the paper on blue green cardstock, then on white before adhering it to a blue green card base. 

For the sentiment, I die cut the word "baby" several times using a die from the SugarCuts Baby Diaper Pin set.  After stacking the die cuts, I adhered them to a light aqua cardstock strip.  I stamped the word "precious" from the  SugarPea Designs Welcome Baby set above the die cut word using gray ink.  I set the sentiment panel in place on top of the patterned paper panel, then added a strip of white ribbon above it, wrapping it around the cardfront.  I used my now-neglected Bow Easy to make a double-looped bow, then adhered the bow at the top of the sentiment panel with a glue dot.

Materials Used:
Welcome Baby stamp set, SugarCuts Baby Diaper Pin die (SugarPea Designs); Memento Luxe Gray Flannel ink (IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko); Ocean Tides and Aqua Mist cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Bundle of Joy-Boy 6x6 paper pad (Echo Park); white ribbon; Bow Easy

1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous card Lori! I just adore that sweet whale pp and that awesome die cut sentiment!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips