Thursday, June 18, 2015

You Are My Hero

Here's my card for the current sketch at Retro Sketches.  I used one of the cute superheroes from the Mama Elephant Tiny Heroes set and a bold primary color scheme to put this one together.

You Are My Hero card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Mama ElephantI colored the girl superhero image using Copic markers, then cut out the colored image with the matching die.  I used foam tape to adhere her to a round panel.  The "you are my hero" sentiment from the In My Heart stamp set was stamped on a yellow fishtail flag strip and attached to the bottom of the panel, tucked just beneath the hero's feet.

After matting the image panel on sparkly silver paper, I arranged the image and other panels on a blue card base.  The image was accented with a bunch of sparkly silver sequins.

Materials Used:
Tiny Heroes and In My Heart stamp sets, Tiny Heroes dies (Mama Elephant); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Brocade Blue, Real Red, Crushed Curry, and Night of Navy cardstock (Stampin' Up!); silver paper (Target); Die-namics Fishtail Flag Stax dies (My Favorite Things); circle dies (Spellbinders); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips