Monday, June 1, 2015

You're a Gem

I caved last week and bought a MISTI during the Memorial Day sale.  I'm calling it a belated birthday gift to myself to justify the purchase!  It arrived over the weekend, so I put it to the test with this layout from CAS(e) this Sketch.

You're a Gem card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Clear and Simple Stamps
I placed the silver glitter tape first, then used the MISTI to stamp the "thank you" and "you are a gem" sentiments from the Clear and Simple Stamps Gemstone Sentiments set above and below the tape in pink pigment ink.  Perfect!  Then I added the chevrons from the Air Mail set in silver ink.  The MISTI made it super easy to position the border stamp exactly where I wanted it.  It was so much more exact than it would have been if I'd been eyeballing it myself before stamping.

I layered the finished panel on CSS's Sterling Silver cardstock, then adhered it to a pink card base to match the sentiment.  I decided to add one final pop of pink by adhering a narrow strip of pink cardstock at the bottom edge of the silver tape.  The extra bit of color helped to tie all of the elements together nicely.

Materials Used:
Gemstone Sentiments and Air Mail stamp sets, Paint the Town Pink, A Blanc Check, and Sterling Silver cardstock (Clear and Simple Stamps); Delicata Silvery Shimmer ink (IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko); silver glitter tape (Target)

3 comments:

  1. Love your card!! I caved, too, and picked up a MISTI during the sale. Haven't tried it yet, though. Definitely going to try it soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is a gem! Perfect take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips