Monday, July 13, 2015

How Wonderful Life Is

Here's my card for the current Viva la Verve sketch.  I paired a fabulous Verve sentiment from the Wonderful Marvelous set with an earth-inspired color palette to make my card.

How Wonderful Life Is card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Verve Stamps
I didn't have tag dies that matched--or were close--to the shape in the sketch, so I did a little creative die cutting to fashion tags from kraft and cream cardstock.  The sentiment was stamped in kraft ink on the cream tag.  After layering the two tags so they were slightly offset, I adhered them to a green pierced circle die cut.  The circle was adhered to a piece of patterned paper with a wave-like look.  The panels were layered on a kraft cardstock panel, then on an aqua card base.  Once the panels were in place, I accented the cream tag with a twill bow and an aqua heart, cut with Verve's Heart Quartet die.

I'll be back in a little bit with my sweet card for this week's Mojo Monday sketch challenge . . .

Materials Used:
Wonderful Marvelous stamp set, Heart Quartet die (Verve Stamps); Memento Luxe Toffee Crunch ink (IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko); Hawaiian Shores and Simply Chartreuse cardstock, twill (Papertrey Ink); Kraft cardstock (WPlus9); Sunkissed 6x6 paper pad (Doodlebug Design); Die-namics Pierced Circle Stax, Traditional Tag Stax, and Fishtail Flag Stax dies (My Favorite Things); Bow Easy; foam tape

2 comments:

  1. Fun colour combo and love teh heart on the sentiment panel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this so much! Such a great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips