Thursday, July 2, 2015

You Anchor Me

This week's Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge is a designer draft challenge. I used the sketch as the basis for this nautical themed design.

You Anchor Me card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Paper Smooches
I started off with a white card base, then added the different patterned paper strips.  To add interest to my classic red, white, and blue color scheme, I used a piece of dotted red paper for the widest strip and added a few silver accents, too.  I brought in more silver by adding a silver anchor, stamped with an image from the Wicked Nauticool set and die cut with the matching die from the Nauticool dies.  It was adhered to the card with foam tape.  I stamped the set's "you anchor me" sentiment on the solid red cardstock strip to complete the design.
 
Materials Used:
Wicked Nauticool stamp set, Nauticool dies (Paper Smooches); Memento Tuxedo Black and Delicata Silvery Shimmer inks (IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko); Night of Navy and Real Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); silver paper (Target); red pindot patterned paper (Michaels); foam tape




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips