Thursday, August 27, 2015

Bee Mine

This week's Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge is a Designer Draft challenge.  I used the sketch to put together this bee themed design.

Bee Mine card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Paper Smooches
I used the Giddy Bugs set--again!--for my card.  This time, I used watercolor markers and an aquapainter to color the image I used.  After coloring the image, I adhered it to a hexagon patterned paper panel over a bunch of coordinating paper strips of different widths.  For a little sparkle, I added a crystal flourish to make a flight trail extending out from beneath the bee.

The "bee mine" sentiment from the Bee Mine set was stamped in black ink on the pale gray strip across the top of the panel.  I accented the sentiment with a pair of red hearts die cut with the Tiny Hearts die set.
  

Materials Used:
Giddy Bugs and Bee Mine stamp set, Flag Tags and Tiny Hearts dies (Paper Smooches); Versafine Onyx Black ink (IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko); markers (Zig); watercolor paper (Ranger); Real Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Daffodil, Steel Grey, and Grout Gray cardstock (My Favorite Things); Be(you)tiful 6x6 paper pad (Authentique); crystal flourish (Michaels); foam tape

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips