Thursday, August 6, 2015

Hey There, Sunshine

Here’s my card for July’s final Viva la Verve sketch. Layouts with lots of pieced together strips like this one tend to give me trouble, so I kept things super simple for my take on the sketch.

Hey There, Sunshine card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Verve Stamps
I started out by cutting two same sized pieces of aqua patterned papers. After stacking the papers one on top of the other, I used my paper cutter to cut them into angled strips. Cutting both panels at the same time helped ensure that I could piece strips cut from the different patterned papers back together and come up with something closely resembling a rectangle! So, that’s what I did. The reassembled rectangle was matted on to an orange cardstock panel, then adhered to an aqua card base.

For the focal image, I die cut a circle from light orange cardstock and a pinking edged circle from orange cardstock. I stamped Verve’s Sunshine Plain Jane sentiment on the light orange circle in orange pigment ink, then used foam tape to layer the two circles and form a dimensional sun. The sun was adhered to the cardfront, then accented with a bunch of different sized clear sequins. It’s been a while since I’d used these sequins—I forgot how pretty they are!

Materials Used:
Sunshine Plain Jane (Verve Stamps); Memento Luxe Morocco ink (IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko); Aqua Mist, Summer Sunrise, and Orange Zest cardstock, Aqua Mist patterned papers (Papertrey Ink); circle and pinking circle dies (Spellbinders); Sparkling Clear sequins (Pretty Pink Posh); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. So pretty! Love those stripes and polka dots together. Thanks for playing along with Viva la Verve!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips