Saturday, September 12, 2015

A Bushel and a Peck

Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I love the sweet new Harvest Mouse set, so I inked it up a second time this week for my card.

A Bushel and a Peck card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
I made the basket carrying mouse my focal image here. He was colored with Copic markers, then carefully cut out.  I'm not thrilled with how the coloring turned out, but I'm spending today at a class on coloring clothing and accessories using Copic markers, so hopefully I'll pick up a few good tips!  I used foam tape to adhere him to a cream panel stamped with MFT's Wood Plank Background stamp.  I made a frame for the image from the the large rectangle die with curved edges found in the Blueprints 24 set.  I cut out a rectangle from the middle to form the window for the image. 

The "I love you a bushel and a peck" sentiment was stamped on a pale blue cardstock strip and adhered across the bottom of the frame.  The finished frame was adhered to a piece of dotted patterned paper.  The panel was layered on to a coordinating mustard card base.

Materials  Used:
Harvest Mouse and Wood Plank Background stamp sets, Die-namics Blueprints 24, and Pierced Rectangle Stax dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko); markers (Copic); More Mustard and BAshful Blue cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Kraft cardstock (WPlus9); Collecting Memories 6x6 paper pad (Fancy Pants Designs); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. Super cute, I love these little mice! I think your coloring looks good, but coloring classes are always fun and helpful :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips