Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Hello Pumpkin

Here's my card for this week's Viva la Verve sketch.  I used the sketch to create a fall themed card using Verve's Bountiful Harvest set.

Hello Pumpkin card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Verve Stamps
I stamped one of the set's pumpkin images on a cream panel, then stamped the "hello pumpkin" sentiment directly beneath it.  The pumpkin was colored with Copic markers.  Now that I look at it again, I probably should have cut out the colored pumpkin and adhered it to the panel with foam tape so the card wouldn't look so flat . . .  Anyway, I wrapped the top of the colored panel with twine and twisted the ends of the twine around my paper piercing tool to give them a curly look like the little vines on the pumpkin. 

I matted the panel on rust cardstock, then adhered it to a dotted patterned paper panel over a woodgrain fishtail flag strip.  After auditioning some different combinations of sequins and enamel dots as accents, I settled on using a trio of cream enamel dots around the image panel.  The finished panel was adhered to a kraft card base.

Materials Used:
Bountiful Harvest stamp set (Verve Stamps); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Really Rust cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Haunted Hallows 6x6 paper pad (Teresa Collins); The Sweetest Thing-Tangerine 6x6 paper pad (My Mind's Eye); Die-namics Fishtail Flag Stax dies (My Favorite Things); cream enamel dots (Eyelet Outlet); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. This is just dreamy. Love the shading on your pumpkin and the bit of twine.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips