Thursday, October 29, 2015

I Ruff You

The very last Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge is a designer draft challenge.  I used the sketch for this sweet dog themed design.

I Ruff You card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Paper Smooches
I started out by trimming a cream panel into 4 sections.  On designs like this, getting the panels to fit is always a challenge to me!  I adhered green cardstock strips with torn edges to the two larger panels to make grass, then added the dog images from the Paws for a Cause set using foam tape.  The images were stamped in brown pigment ink on kraft cardstock and cut out with the matching Paws Cause Icons dies.  To go with my love theme, I stamped red hearts above each dog image with a stamp from  the Woofers and Tweeters set.  I used a combination of sentiments from the Paws for a Cause, Woofers and Tweeters, and Good Gab sets to compose the "I ruff you" sentiment for one of the smaller sections.  The other small section was stamped with a trio of brown paw prints.  I arranged the finished panels on a kraft card base.

Materials Used:
Paws for a Cause, Woofers and Tweeters, and Good Gab stamp sets, Paws Cause Icons dies (Paper Smooches); Memento Luxe Rich Cocoa and Love Letter inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Kiwi Kiss cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Kraft cardstock (WPlus9); foam tape

4 comments:

  1. LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this card, Lori! I love the grass and those pups!!!! FAB take on the sketch!

    Your cards are always amazing!!! LOVE that you play along with us each week! THANK YOU!

    Hope you join in the monthly challenges:) <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a sweet card. I love it.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips