Sunday, November 15, 2015

Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge 295-You Float My Boat


It's time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge!  I took a break from wintery, holiday themed designs to put together a nautical inspired card.

You Float My Boat card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Avery Elle
I used Avery Elle's Knotty set for my card.    The set's sailboat image serves as the focal image for my card.  I colored it with Copic markers, then carefully cut it out using a combination of sharp scissors and a craft knife.  It was adhered to a round background panel made from light blue polka dotted paper with some solid darker blue cardstock at the bottom for water.  The "you float my boat" sentiment was stamped beneath the boat in navy ink. 

With the help of my MISTI, I used the set's border stamp featuring a trio of lines to stamp five straight and even navy lines on my card. There's no way I could have accomplished that feat on my own without working through a ream of cardstock and lots of patience!  I topped the lines with a wide red cardstock panel edged with a narrow navy strip.  After adhering the image panel  over the red cardstock, I layered the panel on to a blue card base.

To play along, just create a card based on the sketch and link it up on the SSSC blog.  Be sure to stop by the blog to check out what the SSSC team has created using the sketch.  And, don't forget to check in on Wednesday to see one of our favorite cards made with the sketch!

Materials Used:
Knotty stamp set (Avery Elle); Memento Tuxedo Black and Memento Luxe Nautical Blue inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Real Red, Night of Navy, and Brocade Blue cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Spring Rain patterned paper (Papertrey Ink); circle dies (Spellbinders); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips