Monday, December 21, 2015

Birthday Wishes and Puppy Dog Kisses

Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I used the cute Top Dog set to put together a birthday card.

Birthday Kisses and Puppy Dog Wishes card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from My Favorite Things
I turned the sketch's large panel into a simple scene with a blue background panel, a strip of torn green cardstock grass along the bottom, and a golden yellow pinking edged circle sun at the top left corner.  I colored up one of the set's dogs using Copic markers, then carefully cut it out and set it on the scene using foam tape.  The "birthday wishes and puppy dog kisses" sentiment was stamped on three small narrow strips and arranged along the upper right side of the panel.  After matting the panel on yellow cardstock, I adhered it to a white card base.  The tiny red heart stickers were a last minute addition just before I took the photo--I think they were the perfect finishing touch!

Materials Used:
Top Dog stamp set, Factory Green cardstock (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Sea Glass cardstock (Avery Elle); Real Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Harvest Gold cardstock (Papertrey Ink); pinking circle dies (Spellbinders); heart stickers (Momenta); corner rounder; foam tape

1 comment:

  1. What an adorably sweet card! This would make any kid squeal with delight!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips