Sunday, December 13, 2015

Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge 299-Love You a Latke

 

It's time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge!  This week's sketch calls for a square card.  I couldn't let Hanukkah pass without sharing a card made with Lawn Fawn's fun Love You a Latke stamp set, so I inked it up for the sketch.

Love You a Latke card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Lawn FawnHere, I made the frying pan and latkes my focal image.  I stamped the pan and latkes on white cardstock and colored them with Copic markers, then cut out the images using the matching dies.  The finished images were adhered to a white circle, using foam tape on both pieces for dimension.  I stamped the set's "I love you a latke" sentiment above the images in navy ink.

I used three different sized fishtail flag dies to cut banner pieces from navy, blue, and silver papers.  I arranged the papers on a square blue cardstock panel over a strip of silver paper.  The image panel was adhered on top.  The finished panel was layered on to a navy blue card base.

To play along, just create a card based on the sketch and link it up on the SSSC blog.  Be sure to stop by the blog to check out what the SSSC team has created using the sketch.  And, don't forget to check in later on this week to see one of our favorite cards made with the sketch!

Materials Used:
Love You a Latke stamp set, Love You a Latke dies (Lawn Fawn); Memento Tuxedo Black and Nautical Blue inks (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Brocade Blue and Night of Navy cardstock (Stampin' Up!); silver paper (Target); circle die (Spellbinders); Die-namics Fishtail Flag STAX and Fishtail Flag Layers STAX dies (My Favorite Things); foam tape

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips