Friday, January 29, 2016

Knowing You Is a Treat

Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I used the Top Dog stamp set to make a card that will be perfect for Valentine's Day.

Knowing You Is a Treat card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
The dog image was colored with Copic markers, then cut out by hand.  I used foam tape to adhere the dog to a pale blue panel with a strip of green "grass" along the bottom.  The panels were adhered to an aqua cardstock panel over a strip of multicolored dotted patterned paper.  I stamped the set's "knowing you is a treat" sentiment on a narrow pink fishtail flag die cut and added that to the dotted paper panel.  I accented the sentiment with a trio of white enamel dots.  It took me a while to settle on the placement of these . . . The final touch was a small pink heart, die cut with one of the Staggered Heart Border dies, and placed above the dog image using foam tape.

Materials Used:
Top Dog stamp set, Pink Lemonade cardstock, Die-namics Staggered Heart Border and Fishtail Flag STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Hawaiian Shores cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Sea Glass cardstock (Avery Elle); Kiwi Kiss cardstock (Stampin' Up!); So Happy Together 6x6 paper pad (Echo Park); Grass border punch (Fiskars); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips