Monday, January 11, 2016

Mojo Monday 430-Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Lil' Inker Designs

Happy Monday!  It's time for a new Mojo Monday sketch.  I used this week's sketch to make a birthday card for a special little guy who just turned 9.

I went with one of my go-to boy color schemes--blue and orange.  I covered an orange card base with a pale blue panel, then added a dotted blue patterned paper strip to the left side of the cardfront.  A narrow strip of silver paper sets off the patterned paper from the pale blue panel.  I stamped one of the elephants from the Lil' Inker Designs Party Pachyderms stamp set in gray pigment ink on white cardstock, then die cut the image with the matching die.  After using foam tape to adhere the elephant to an orange stitched circle die cut, I added the circle to the cardfront, tucking one edge underneath the patterned paper strip. To dress up the elephant, I added a contrasting orange party hat to his head.  The "happy birthday" sentiment was stamped on an orange fishtail flag strip.  I adhered it to the top of the cardfront, then anchored it with a die cut silver star.

Head on over to the Mojo Monday blog for more inspiration from the design team and to add your own take on this week's sketch!  You can also find all of the Mojo Makers at their blogs here:
Materials Used:
Party Pachyderms stamp set, Party Pachyderms, Stitched Circle, and Stars dies (Lil' Inker Designs); Memento Luxe Gray Flannel and Memento Tuxedo Black inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Fizz ink (Avery Elle); Bashful Blue cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Orange Fizz cardstock (My Favorite Things); silver paper (Target); blue dotted patterned paper (Michaels); foam tape

3 comments:

 
Blogging tips