Saturday, January 9, 2016

You Add Color to My Life

Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge. This is one of those designs that looked much better in my head than it does on paper . . .

You Add Color to My Life card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies fromMy Favorite Things
I used a zig zag die to create a rainbow of stripes to arrange on a white panel.  It probably would have looked better if I'd inlaid the die cut strips, but I didn't have enough patience for the work that it would have required to line the strips up evenly.   After securing the strips in place on a white panel, I stamped the "you add color to my life" sentiment on top in black ink.  I used my favorite ink for super dark, bold sentiments--Versafine Onyx Black.  The panel was matted on silver paper, then adhered to a contrasting black card base.  A few black enamel dots scattered across the stripes completed the design.

Materials Used: 
Stay Tuned stamp set, Die-namics dies (My Favorite Things); Versafine Onyx Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Green Galore, Tempting Turquoise, and Basic Black cardstock (Stampin' Up!); silver paper (Target); black enamel dots (Eyelet Outlet)

1 comment:

  1. Love the bright colours and the zigzags you used for this card. It is so cheerful and lively. Perfect for anyone of any age or gender. Great card to have on hand for those occasions we sort of miss-remember!
    Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips