Sunday, February 28, 2016

Counting Down to Your Special Day

Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I put together a space themed birthday card using the Out of This World stamp set.

Counting Down to Your Special Day card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite ThingsI colored the rocket with Copic markers, then carefully cut it out.  It's kind of busy for a rocket, but I think it's fun!  I used foam tape to adhere it to a navy panel framed with contrasting red cardstock.  The curved edges soften the bold colors a bit.  I added a bit of a sparkly silver fishtail flag strip to the extending down from top of the panel to balance it out.

The panel was adhered to a light blue card base.  I cut a silver fishtail flag strip for the sentiment, choosing a die that was wide enough that I could stamp the sentiment in two parts, one on top of the other, so it would fit on the cardfront.  After adding the sentiment to the cardfront, I accented the design with a trio of different sized silver glitter enamel dot "stars" for a fun, sparkly touch.

Materials Used:
Out of This World stamp set, Die-namics Fishtail Flag STAX and Fishtail Flag STAX Layers dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Bashful Blue, Night of Navy, and Real Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); silver paper (Target); silver glitter enamel dots (Eyelet Outlet); corner rounder; foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips