Monday, February 1, 2016

Mojo Monday 433-All of My Smiles

All of My Smiles card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Verve Stamps

Happy Monday!  It's time for a new Mojo Monday sketch.  Since Valentine's Day is coming up soon, I used the sketch to create a love themed card.  You'll be seeing quite a few of those here this week . . .

I designed my card around an older piece of patterned paper with a heart in the design. I'm really trying to use some of my 12x12 papers up, but it's going to take a long time!  I matted the paper on a cream panel, then adhered it to a deep red cardstock panel.  A strip of light blue cardstock, edged with a piece of cream trim, was adhered at the bottom of the patterned paper panel.  I topped that with the sentiment panel, a cream pierced square stamped with the "all of my smiles begin with you" sentiment from Verve's Better Together set.  The words were accented with a pair of hearts die cut with Verve's Heart Quartet die.   The finished panel was adhered to an easy to write on cream card base.

Don't forget--since it's the first Monday of the month, it's also contest time.  A stamp set from Verve Stamps is up for grabs from the lucky contest winners, so be sure to play along.  Head on over to the Mojo Monday blog for more inspiration from the design team and to add your own take on this week's sketch!  You can also find all of the Mojo Makers at their blogs here:

Materials Used:
Better Together stamp set, Heart Quartet dies (Verve Stamps); Memento Luxe Gray Flannel ink (Tsukineko); Bashful Blue and Cherry Cobbler cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Steel Grey cardstock, Die-namics Pierced Square dies (My Favorite Things); Love Me "Hearts" designer paper (My Mind's Eye); cream trim (Hobby Lobby); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. Your card is just DARLING. Love your colors and simple style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just LOVE your cards!! Going to subscribe to your emails. :) Thank you for your inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips