Saturday, March 19, 2016

You're Out of This World

Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  When I saw the layout's large round panel, my mind immediately went to making it a sun or a moon.  I finally settled on making it a moon and using the Out of This World stamp set for my card.

You're Out of This World card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from My Favorite Things
The moon is a yellow die cut circle with a debossed polka dotted pattern.  I adhered the circle to a blue cardstock panel over strips of space-like star patterned paper and shimmery silver paper.  I stamped one of the set's space ship images on white cardstock and colored it with Copic markers, then carefully cut it out.  It was adhered to the moon with foam tape.  It's hard to see in the photo, but to give the windows a glassy look, I coated them with Glossy Accents. 

The set's "you're out of this world" sentiment was stamped beneath the image panel in silver ink, then heat embossed in silver for a nice pop against the blue background.  A few silver sequin "stars" add to the design's space theme.  I adhered the finished panel to a bold red card base to tie all of the card's colors together.

Materials Used:
Out of This World stamp set (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black and Delicata Silvery Shimmer inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Not Quite Navy, Crushed Curry, and Real Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); silver cardstock (Michaels); Beachside 6x6 paper pad (Lawn Fawn); circle die (Spellbinders); Polka Dots embossing folder (Lifestyle Crafts); foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips