Monday, April 18, 2016

Mojo Monday 444-Mom

Mom card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Verve Stamps

Happy Monday!  It's time for a new Mojo Monday sketch. I've had requests from my co-workers to bring in a few cards for Mother's Day, so I used the sketch along with stamps and dies from Verve to put together this design.

I used the Simply Daisies die from Verve's latest release as my focal image.  I cut the daisies from white cardstock and layered them with foam tape.  The center is a contrasting yellow pierced circle die cut, also attached with foam tape.  I placed the daisy on a yellow pierced circle die cut matted with a dark gray circle.  The leaves, made with a circle punch, were tucked underneath the raised flower.

I made a backdrop for the pretty flower by arranging a trio of gray and white striped patterned paper rectangles on a pale yellow cardstock panel.  Each panel was matted on pale gray cardstock to set it off from the yellow background.  I added the flower on top along with a pair of fishtail flag strips.  The "Mom" sentiment from the Wonderful Marvelous set was stamped in gray pigment ink on the gray fishtail flag strip.  I adhered the finished panel to a coordinating pale gray card base.

Head on over to the Mojo Monday blog for more inspiration from the design team and to add your own take on this week's sketch!  You can also find all of the Mojo Makers at their blogs here:

Materials Used:
Wonderful Marvelous stamp set, Simply Daisies dies (Verve Stamps);  Memento Luxe Gray Flannel ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Barely Banana cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Soft Stone, Smokey Shadow, and Spring Moss cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Miss Caroline-Dolled Up 6x6 paper pad (My Mind's Eye); circle die (Spellbinders); Die-namics Pierced Circle STAX and Fishtail Flag STAX dies (My Favorite Things); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. So pretty, Lori! Love the soft stripes and fabulous flower detail.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips