Sunday, June 12, 2016

Best Dad Ever

Father's Day is coming up next week, so I've been working on putting together a few cards to have on hand.  This one is based on the current sketch at Match the Sketch.

Best Dad Ever card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Lawn Fawn
I made the trophy from Lawn Fawn's Best Pun Ever set my focal image.  The trophy was stamped on a matching die cut and colored with Copic markers.  After I colored the trophy, I added the "#1" stamp on top, then used foam tape to adhere the trophy to a pierced square die cut with an orange fishtail flag strip across it.  The square was layered on to an aqua panel with a piece of argyle patterned paper along the right side.  I stamped the "best dad ever" sentiment at the bottom of the patterned paper panel.  To get the sentiment super bold and dark so it would stand out against the pattern, I used my MISTI to double stamp the words.  The finished panel was adhered to an aqua card base.

Materials Used:
Best Pun Ever stamp set, Best Pun Ever dies (Lawn Fawn); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Hawaiian Shores, Aqua Mist, Harvest Gold, and Orange Zest cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Fine and Dandy-True Blue 6x6 paper pad (My Mind's Eye); Die-namics Pierced Square STAX and Fishtail Flag STAX dies (My Favorite Things); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. Deine Karte ist ein tolles Werk geworden, die Details gefallen mir sehr gut. Vielen Dank für deine Teilnahme bei Match the Sketch, viel Glück bei der Challenge und der Verlosung. Viele liebe Grüße, Fanny von www.stampinwithfanny.de

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips