Sunday, June 5, 2016

Have a Beary Special Day

Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I used the sketch to create a bear-themed birthday card.

Have a Beary Special Day card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
My bear is from the Birthday Bears stamp set.  I stamped one of the set's bears on a matching die cut piece and colored the image with Copic markers.  The bear was placed in the center of a green oval frame adhered to a festive striped paper panel, using foam tape for dimension.  I added a balloon in the bear's hand to represent one of the layout's small round embellishments.  The "have a beary special day" sentiment was stamped on a narrow yellow fishtail flag die cut, then adhered just beneath the bear.  I added a pair of aqua enamel dots around the sentiment as an accent.  The finished panel was adhered to a coordinating yellow card base.

Materials Used:
Birthday Bears stamp set, Sour Apple cardstock, Die-namics Birthday Bears, Pierced Rectangle STAX, and Fishtail Flag STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Daisy cardstock (Avery Elle); Quite Contrary-Mary Mary "Best of Friends" Share designer paper (My Mind's Eye); oval dies (Spellbinders); Recollections aqua enamel dots (Michaels); foam tape

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips