Tuesday, June 21, 2016

I Think You're Spectacular

Here's another card for the My Favorite Things Camp Create challenges. This one is for the shaker card challenge.  I made a simple, flat, mail-able shaker from the glasses in the Geek Is Chic Glasses die set.

I Think You're Spectacular card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite ThingsI die cut the frames from black cardstock, then set them into a matching die cut opening in a piece of notebook paper patterned paper.  After backing the open lenses with clear acetate, I added some flat gold star sequins and sealed them securely with a second piece of acetate to create the shaker element. 

The "I think you're spectacular" sentiment from the coordinating Geek Is Chic set was stamped in black ink on a long red fishtail flag die cut strip.  After adhering the sentiment strip to the patterned paper panel, I added a single staple to the end.  It seemed like a good embellishment for my geek-ish themed card.  The finished panel was adhered to a kraft card base.

Materials Used:
Geek Is Chic stamp set, Die-namics Geek Is Chic Glasses and Fishtail Flag STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Versafine Onyx Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Real Red and Basic Black cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Manila Basics 6x6 paper pad (Basic Grey); gold star sequins; acetate; stapler

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips