Sunday, June 26, 2016

Miss You Pig Time

Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I love this week's layout and my card came together quickly with the help of one of the pigs from the new Hog Heaven stamp set. 

Miss You Pig Time card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
I stamped the heart-hugging pig on white cardstock and colored it with Copic markers, then carefully cut it out. The pig was adhered to a pink pierced circle die cut, then layered on to a red mat.  I added the pig to a pink card base over a red gingham patterned paper strip.  The gingham pattern says "farm" to me, so it seemed like a good match for the pig image. 

So that it would stand out against the gingham, the "miss you pig time" sentiment was stamped on a pink fishtail flag strip instead of directly on the panel.  I adhered a very narrow solid red cardstock strip just beneath the patterned panel.  A few white enamel dots scattered around the image panel completed the design.

Materials Used:
Hog Heaven stamp set, Bubblegum cardstock, Die-namics Pierced Circle STAX and Fishtail Flag STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Real Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Pure Poppy patterned paper (Papertrey Ink); circle dies (Spellbinders); white enamel dots (Eyelet Outlet); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips